The American - Safety Toe
The versatile American. This is our classic, best, all purpose, all terrain, up a tree, in a ditch, over the mountain, through the forest, across the desert, in the truck, at the job site, around the house, pair of boots you'll ever own.
- ASTM rated composite toe
- Height - measured from the "bottom-of-foot to top-of-upper" (going up along the calf, heels not included)
- Uppers - 8oz to 9oz premium oil tanned leather
- Thread - high strength, Technora® fire resistant over 900 °F (available)
- Hardware - traditional high quality eyelets and speed hook combination
- Insole - genuine oak tanned leather
- Midsole - genuine oak tanned leather
- Arch support - leather
- Sole - Vibram
- Origin - handmade in the USA
Hard Toe Certification: ASTM-F2412-18/ASTM-F2413-17 • ASTM-F2412-11/ASTM-F2413-17
Sizing is super easy! Simply subtract one from your regular shoe size, and then select a width of either narrow, average, or wide. So If you typically wear a size '10' size down to a size '9' in the length. Then if you feel like you have an average width of foot, select average.
For a women's size, simply subtract 2.5 sizes. So if you typically wear a women's '8' then size down to a '5.5' and select your width preference.
Click here to see a size chart to select your own size to build, or try on
Click Here to Visit a Location to get fit in person
Returns & Exchanges Policy
You have 7 days from the date you received your order to exchange your order or return them. After 7 days no returns or exchanges will be accepted. There is a 15% restocking fee for full returns.
All shipping costs for international exchanges are covered by the customer and will not receive a prepaid shipping label. Also account for additional processing and handling time.
To process an Exchange or Return,
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify your order number, what you are returning or what you want to exchange for. We will then reply with a return label for you. If you send the boots in without first emailing, they will be marked "return to sender."
2. Print out the return label sent to you, ship the boots back, and you are good to go.
Returned or exchanged items must be in their original box and original condition, un-worn outside and un-oiled. If they are not, the exchange will be denied.
Allow 7-14 days after the receiving of your boots to process an Exchange or return.
Finding your size is simple and easy, have no fear.
Our lasts typically run larger and we recommend that you order a full size down from your normal shoe size. (Ex. If you’re normally a 10, you would order a 9 with us.)
If you’ve had handmade leather boots before and are confident in your sizing but don’t see your size available, just type it into the box below and we’ll send you exactly that.
We have three widths to choose from, select what feels would match you best.
Made to Order:
Any boots that are Made to Order can not be refunded or exchanged.
Determining the size is the responsibility of the customer. We strongly suggest coming to a physical store to be sized or doing the try on option. For this reason, we do not warranty any adjustments on made to order boots such as: stretching, shrinking, lowering the arch, raising the arch, tightening the heel, fixing heel slip, heel rub, shortening the toe box or any adjustments of any kind.
- Worried about ordering the wrong size? No problem. Hassel free returns and exchanges so you can find the perfect fit.